Cooking Combined with Film: YES!

on Thursday, May 14, 2009


Is anyone else excited to see Meryl Streep play Julia Child in the new movie!? I will write a review and post it on opening night (August 7, 2009). Some of my readers might know me well enough to know that I earned my master's degree in Theater and Film History, so film has played a prominent role in my life. But it don't git much better'nis: Meryl Streep as Julia Child (click for trailer) Julie & Julia" - the latest film from director Nora Ephron Meryl Streep stars as famed chef Julia Child and Amy Adams plays Julie Powell, the real-life temp worker who, dissatisfied with her life, began a quest to make all 524 recipes in Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." Stanley Tucci and Jane Lynch co-star. (http://www.cleveland.com/)

I'm chuckling as I remember Chef Child's unusual speech pattern and throaty vocal quality. And then there is the glorious memory of Dan Aykroyd as Julia Child in a SNL skit, in which he cuts himself while preparing a fowl dish, and shreaks, "Save the liver!" (Check that out at http://www.rateitall.com/i-883136-dan-aykroyd-as-julia-child.aspx.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment